What this notice covers
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when KnowNow Information Ltd. & associated brands (for example Consentua) collects personal information. It explains how we use your personal data and your rights in relation to that data.
The information collected by KnowNow Information
KnowNow Information collects information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect from you directly
- Information we collect about you when you call us, visit our sites, use our mobile applications or services, or view our online advertisements.
- Information we collect about you from other sources, such as social media, public and commercially available sources.
All the information KnowNow Information collects about you may be combined to improve our communications with you, and to develop world-class products and services.
Uses & information sharing
KnowNow Information uses the information we collect for KnowNow Information business purposes such as:
- To provide the services you request.
- To tell you about KnowNow Information services and those offered by our carefully selected business partners.
- To manage our websites and services that we provide.
- We do not sell your personal information to marketing companies.
- We keep your data within the European Union (EU) or countries with EU adequacy status.
We may share your information:
- With our suppliers for the provision of professional services, but only if the business client has granted consent.
- With our third-party service providers who perform KnowNow Information business operations on our behalf, with your consent.
- As part of a sale of a KnowNow Information brand to another company.
- To protect and defend KnowNow Information (including enforcing our terms and conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
- You have the right not to provide personal information to KnowNow Information. This may mean KnowNow Information is not able to provide the services you request or to tell you about other services offered by KnowNow Information.
- You can stop receiving promotional email or postal communications from KnowNow Information by following the instructions in those messages or through this privacy notice.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data by KnowNow Information.
- You have the right to have your personal data erased (right to be forgotten), KnowNow Information will make every reasonable effort to remove any reference to your personal data if they have shared it with any 3rd party in the course of their usual business processes.
- You have the right to have your personal data transferred to another company and KnowNow Information will make every effort to comply with your request.
- You have the right to raise any concerns to the processing or use of your personal data by KnowNow Information to an appropriate data protection authority.
- You have the right to review personal data KnowNow Information hold on you if this does not impact on other individuals rights and freedoms.
KnowNow Information is committed to working with clients and data protection authorities to resolve any privacy concern.
KnowNow Information complies with EU data protection laws.
This notice is reviewed by KnowNow Information on a regular basis and should be checked by individuals for the latest updates.
Latest updated: 10/07/2018
Get more information
Privacy Notice Scope
Trust is a cornerstone of our company ethos. KnowNow Information Ltd. is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting personal information that we collect and use.
This fair processing notification describes the information that KnowNow Information collects about you; how we use and protect this information; the choices you can make about how we use this information; and how you can correct or update your information
Information KnowNow Information Collects
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online content and information we collect about you from other sources.
Information We Collect Directly From You:
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs, create an account via our websites, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. This information is hosted on a secure cloud hosted CRM platform (Zoho CRM). With restricted access to this system, all data access is password protected
The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Email address.
- Postal address.
- Username and password (although we cannot access passwords).
- Telephone and mobile numbers
- Payment information (such as a credit card & Bank details).
- Future communication preferences.
- Telephone number and recordings when you call our office.
Information We Collect When You Visit Our Sites, View Our Online Ads Or Promotions, Or Other Services
- Information about your device browser and operating system.
- IP address.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- KnowNow Information emails you open
- Social media interactions with our brands.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us improve our communications with you and to develop our services.
Information KnowNow Information Collects From Other Sources.
We may obtain information from other sources, including commercially available sources. Examples of information we may collect from other sources are:
- Postal address.
- Email address.
Uses & Information Sharing
KnowNow Information Business Purposes
We use the information we collect to provide you offers and services, to deliver to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests, and to conduct other KnowNow Information business operations.
The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Develop new products and services.
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Send you email and/or postal messages with information about our brands and other content we think may be of interest to you
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including interest-based advertising.
- Personalize your experience on our websites by presenting services and information tailored to you.
- Analyse the use of our services and advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers. We share your personal information within KnowNow Information and as described in this Policy notice. We do not share personal information with marketers outside of KnowNow Information unless you consent to such sharing, or as described within this Policy notice.
Co-Promotions With Carefully Selected Business Partners
KnowNow Information may collect personal and other information for a co-promotion or joint program with a business partner and share your information with that business partner. For these programs we will make clear at the point of collection that the information will be shared with KnowNow Information and the participating business partner and ask for your consent as required by applicable laws.
Third-Party Service Providers
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfil your service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications.
- Manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications or provide professional services
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites.
- Perform other services that we request.
We may disclose your personal information:
- As part of the sale of a KnowNow Information brand to another company.
- To protect and defend the rights and property of KnowNow Information (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
- To fulfil contracted professional services such as surveys or rent reviews.
Personal Information Retention Period
When you notify us you wish to come off of our mailing lists we will erase your data within 4 weeks. We may keep your personal data for periods as stipulated under the 1980 Limitation Act in order to comply with personal indemnity insurance.
Aggregated And Non-Personal Information.
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for KnowNow Information business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to KnowNow Information sites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes.
KnowNow Information is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for so long as deemed reasonably necessary.
KnowNow Information may transfer your personal information within KnowNow Information and/or to other third parties, such as our third-party service providers. Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected. This information will remain within the European Union or countries with appropriate adequacy status. We have implemented procedures and controls to help ensure that personal information is protected no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to.
Children's Online Privacy
We do not intend to collect personal information online from children under 13 or as defined by local legal requirements.
Legal Effects And Impact To Individuals
In some cases the personal information you provide may be used as the basis for consent for 3rd party organisations and as such could be the lawful basis for processing and or form part of a contractual obligation and have a significant impact on the individual or individuals providing the information, if you decide not to provide personal information KnowNow Information may not be able to complete certain services on behalf of individuals, companies and or recognised professional institutions.
Links To Third Party Sites And Social Media
Social Networks And Third-Party Plug-Ins
Our websites may include plugins from social networks or other third parties.
Social Network And Third-Party Login
User Generated Content
Your Choices & Access To Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
You can stop receiving promotional email messages from KnowNow Information by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive.
You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from KnowNow Information by following the opt-out instructions that may be included in those communications.
Mobile Text Messages
We only send you promotional mobile text messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions to opt-out provided within that text-messaging program.
PLEASE NOTE: We will honour your request to stop receiving promotional email, text and postal messages from KnowNow Information. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications such as emails confirming purchases through our websites. And we may keep information for record keeping, such as to ensure we fulfil consumer requests not to send particular types of messages.
We take steps to keep your personal information accurate. You can email [email protected] to learn how to access and/or update the personal information you provide to KnowNow Information. KnowNow Information does not charge for this service and responds to reasonable requests in an appropriate timeframe.
Data Erasure & Processing Choices.
You can instruct KnowNow Information by email: [email protected] to cease processing or erase your personal data, where these requests do not impact the freedoms and rights of others as defined by EU privacy regulations, we will act on your instructions in a reasonable time frame and use appropriate resources to comply with your request. The withdrawal of consent or erasure of data from an individual to cease processing will not invalidate the original legitimate and lawful basis for processing of personal data as outlined in this notice.
You can instruct KnowNow Information by email to transfer personal data relating to you to another company where these requests do not impact the freedoms and rights of others as defined by EU privacy regulations, we will act on your instructions in a reasonable time frame and use appropriate resources to comply with your request. The transfer of your personal data will not invalidate the original legitimate and lawful basis for processing of personal data as outlined in this notice.
Right To Object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by KnowNow Information you can email [email protected] to contact KnowNow Information or you can object to an appropriate data protection authority.
Details of the UK data protection authority are listed below:
- Information Commissioner's Office
- Wycliffe House
- Water Lane. Wilmslow
- Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Tel: 0303 123 1113
This notice was last updated 10/07/2018
Third Party Plugins
These are the following 3rd party plugins that Knownow Information uses on its websites:
|Kn-i.com, consentua.com, entelligently.com||ZOHO IQ||Tracking of user interactions on our website|
|Kn-i.com, consentua.com, entelligently.com||Analytics on user behaviour and how the user was directed to our site.|
|Kn-i.com, consentua.com, entelligently.com||YouTube, Vimeo||Video delivery.|
|Kn-i.com, consentua.com, entelligently.com||Social Media, access your tweets, your profile and how you interact with our brand.|
|Kn-i.com,||Wordpress||Performance of the site to ensure a great experience.|